Well yesterday we were able to gather some black raspberries, and a few slightly under ripe wild blueberries. Seems our wild berries are going:
Somewhere in there we might have wild strawberries (no flowers yet), and the wild grape harvest; I am hoping that we’ll get rain soon or the blackberries might not get big. We dug out about 12 wheel barrow loads of dirt from the pond yesterday, today… well… we did decidedly less as my back is seriously hurting today so I can’t bend to do the cutting of the soil.
I got the remaining tomatoes planted this morning out in the garden itself as my other type of tomato is up in front of the house in “pots”. I don’t want a repeat of last year’s cross pollination lesson. So the tomatoes varieties are separate, as are my pepper plants. I also got my bushel gourds planted this morning, in the spot we had our potato experiment last year.
Speaking of the experiment, we have our potatoes planted in the same manner. I need to get more straw as they are getting tall now, so we need to go and cover them more. I am thinking though that next year we’ll use that spot to try to grow some heirloom corn, and I’m going to use the “weedless gardening” method as after the ‘taters are done all the current plants there should be smothered by all the straw. So all I’ll have to do is cover the straw with dirt, compost, and manure.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Be Well, Be Safe, and Blessed Be…